I’m thinking this is because I haven’t really had the time to come up with a great prank to play on my friends lately. No, I’m not mean, but I am sneaky. Vewy, vewy sneaky. Just ask my friend, John Reese.
But hey, who doesn’t like posting their videos on YouTube? I’ve done a few for kicks and giggles and I’m sure most people intend for theirs to be comical too, even if the videos they’ve posted elicit a “What were you thinking?” response from the viewers.
Once in a while we get a post that is just so share-worthy that it can’t help but go viral, which is definitely an online marketer’s dream (and if you’ve been following my posts here, you probably already know just how to make one of these). Best part is, I’ve come across a ton of people who are eager to learn how video can help them make money and this is why video marketing is just so, so sweet!
But wait, there’s more! As if hogging the limelight as the maker of a viral video isn’t enough, YouTube is sweetening the pot even more with an expansion to their YouTube Partner Program.
Check this out:
“The YouTube team is updating partner eligibility across 20 countries where the YouTube Partner Program has been launched. Content creators in these countries can become YouTube partners by enabling their YouTube accounts, and monetizing at least one of their videos.
Uploaders who are interested in becoming a partner should start by reviewing the YouTube Partner Program FAQs.
YouTube launched a pilot of its Partner Program in 2007 enabling some of the most popular and prolific original content creators within the YouTube community to earn money from their videos.”
Cuzins all over the world, say it with me now: “Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!”
How can this not entice even more people to YouTube? Tell me! And, get this, YouTube is even increasing the chances of you getting more subscribers by throwing in some excellent resources:
Whether it’s to help partners score their next million subscribers or those who just want to learn about the best times to upload videos, YouTube provides a number of resources, including:
- Creator Clubs: There are Creator Clubs to network and collaborate with other creators in Asia, Europe, and North America. And soon, there will be Partner Meetups to learn new skills directly from YouTube staff and experts.
- Creator Playbook 2: Version 2 of YouTube’s Creator Playbook is the latest compilation of important tips, best practices, and strategies to build greater audiences.
- Creators on the Rise: The On the Rise Program offers high potential up-and-coming partners with homepage, editorial, and social media promotion.
- Next Vlogger: A few weeks ago, YouTube asked partners which category to add to its NextUp program. They overwhelmingly selected Next Vlogger. Participants will receive one-on-one training from YouTube stars and industry leaders like iJustine, video equipment valued at $5,000, and global promotion on and off YouTube.
- Partner Promotion: Certain creators who were partners prior to April 10, 2011, may be eligible to receive free advertising on the Google Display Network.
- YouTube Features: Whether partners need to improve their production quality or want to create fun videos, they can use YouTube’s growing tool set to make their videos.
I’ve told you that making videos is easier and more cost-effective now than it was back in the day. What with all the online tools, resources, and information floating around on the Internet, heck, even someone with nearly zero knowledge in video making can get in on the action (cough-cough-my blog-cough).
Now, having read that, do you know what time it is? Video making time you say? Well, yeah, sort of. But, more than that, it’s time to check out my posts related to making videos.
Bear in mind that this YouTube endeavor seeks to help you earn from making videos that rock and from the fact that people know your videos rock. So, how do you do that? You make great videos that people want to see and share. Then, make some more. Then, you become someone whom people want to subscribe to because your videos are excellent. That’s how you do it, cuz, that’s how you do it.
But, how do you start with all this? Why, you already have, cuz! You’re already in my blog, and that’s a step in the right direction. Poke around, learn, poke around some more, and learn some more, and before you know it… BAM! You’re a true blue YouTube Partner, raking in all the Benjamins.
Andy “the-best-time-is-now” Jenkins